Sunday, November 11, 2007

How we spent Saturday





On the 10th of November (the 232nd birthday of the US Marine Corps) our water heater sprung a leak and saturated the basement floor area where it was located. We sprang to repair it and soon learned that it had a fatal wound (a cracked tank top) and complete replacement was required. This was not how I (Dave) planned to spend the birthday of the Corps! While Joe and I were replacing the water heater (and I was griping about the aggravation, cost, etc...), the Lord brought to mind the fact that at that very moment, many Marines in Iraq were spending their Marine Corps birthday without any hot water (and perhaps they hadn't had any kind of running water in many weeks or months). So, I repented of my bad attitude and was immediately grateful for what I had. After the heater was installed, Joe and I dedicated it to the Corps. Semper Fi!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Semper Fi.... Happy BD Marines!
What a wonderful idea, and such a beautiful family. Keep up the great work!

Bob Handley