Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Abby's Baptism!

On Sunday, August 16, Dad baptized his last daughter, Abby Joy, in Kelso Lake, Idaho!! Our church held an outside service on the shore of the lake, and afterwards, Abby, two other young ladies, and two other young men were baptized by their fathers. It was great!

One of the families from our church has a cabin on the lake, and they wre gracious enough to share it with the church that day! Before the service, we'd had a barbeque, and afterwards, we went kayaking and swimming in the lake. It was a day of wonderful memories that we'll think about for years to come!

Abby and Dad.


Hooray!

Dad, Abby, and Mom.


I remembered when I was baptized by Dad with my sisters, Roberta and Sarah, in the ocean off the coast of Guam in 2003. =) That was a great experience - I don't know how many people can say that they were baptized in the Indian Ocean! So far, all of us, except Joe, have been baptized in a natural body of water. =) We were teasing Joe and saying that he'll have to be re-baptized in our creek! :D But I don't think the type of water really matters as long as your heart is right. :)

2 comments:

David G. and Family said...

Congratulations Abby!

David G. and Family said...

Matthew 3:17

17And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.