Sunday, January 2, 2011

Quotables!!

H: (musing over why cowboys raise their hats to women out of courtesy) Doesn’t it make you wonder; I mean, where did that come from? Because they want to show off their hairdos?

Sarah: Don’t move that there.
Roberta: *pulls back hand* What?
S: That! Right there!
R: But…
S: Don’t move it, okay? Don’t move that thing right there!
R: But…
S: Just don’t!
R: But I already moved it.
S: (growling) Well, I said don’t.
R: I moved it before you said don’t.
S: *glares*
R:(long pause) …so do you mean, don’t as in don’t you dare move it again, or don’t as in travel back in time and change it so it wasn’t moved in the first place?
S: Just don’t.

Hannah, reading to Abby: Once upon a time there was a King, and all his daughters were beautiful, but the youngest was the mos-…never mind.

Sarah: So, are you going to wake up tomorrow morning?

Hannah: (puzzling out the final outcome of a card game) So…I would play this one…(taps one of her cards, looks up at Sarah, who is holding her last card in hand) and you would play that one…
Sarah: (aghast) How did you know?

Abby: Berta, will I be famous?
Roberta: Well, why would you be famous?
A: My birthday is on President’s Day. Will that make me famous?
R: No. That won’t make you famous. Why; did you want to be?
A: Well, it certainly is disappointing.

Abby: (on Johnny Weir) I am going to write him a note and say, are you a girl? I won’t tell anybody.

Hannah: Would you like to lend me some money? Like, indefinitely?

Roberta: I have a mild case of the hiccups…
Sarah: A wild case?
R: Mmmmmmild.
S: Oh.
R: You just had the wrong letter. Turn it right side up and you have the right one. (then, thoughtfully) Depending on which font you use.

Hannah: 'All the world is a stage'. Shakespeare said that, but I don’t think he knew what he was talking about.

2 comments:

Maximillian said...

These are hilarious! :D

Christie said...

Dan: Molly, what would you say if people told you that you had your father's nose?
Molly: I wouldn't say anything.
Dan: Nothing at all??
Molly: Nope. I'd just punch their teeth down their throat.
-
(a little later) Dan: Molly.. you have your father's nose! are you going to punch my teeth down my throat?
Molly: nope. we're not in Florida.
Dan:... what's that got to do with it?
Molly: The ER in Florida is free.
-
Emmy (for the 10th time): Are the wolves hungry?
Me: Nope. They had a big old Christmas dinner... ate up a whole family of bunnies! yum yum!
Molly: and the wolves in Alaska had chocolate moose.
-
Love the one about the cards ;)