Friday, September 17, 2010

Steve McQueen

Everyone remain calm...we are posting twice in one week!
Don't faint. Please.

So, Sarah and I wanted a new WWII movie to watch. So she bought this...



and fell deeply in like with Steve McQueen's acting. Sarah will still say to herself every once in a while, rather spasmodically, "Cooler, Hilts." A word of caution; only watch this film if you are cool with all the people you are desperately rooting for getting gunned down.

Sarah was...not.

Then we watched this as a family...



and were thrilled to see 'Hilts' on the screen again. He did look a bit odd with all the cowboy clothes and the revolver at first, but ditto with Yul Brynner, who we will always remember as the King of Siam. Again, same caution as beforehand. Even so, I liked this one even better than The Great Escape, but I have a soft spot for cowboy films. Which is why I picked this off the self last time we were in the library...



and if not our sins, than at least our choices caught up with us the other night, as revealed by this dialogue between the girls.

Abby: (for some reason, attempts to swat Sarah with a book)
Hannah: (in a monotone to rival that of Yul Brynner's 'get outta my way, dude' voice) Quit that, ya' hear me?
Sarah: Thank you, Hannah. (glares at Abby)
H: I think we have been watching too much Steve McQueen.
S: Yeah, he is always doing things like that...you know, just in the nick of time.
H: Yeah. (profound pause) I was just waiting for the nick.

Enough said.

(This post is by Roberta...see the sidebar. One of those is "that's me". I have not posted since we moved here. I did some of the posting on the move out here, but last time was November of 2007. I blog...oh, about, like every three years. Well, you all have a good day running out to find Steve McQueen movies, and if you liked this story, you can always hope that I post again in 2013!)

2 comments:

Christie said...

An oldie but a goodie is Stalag 17, and much to my delight there's no gunning down of all our favorite people! But even more or less gunless, it's really awesome :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, do post again soon dear! It was fun to see what ya'll have been watching lately!

We love The Great Escape and Mag 7 you KNOW has a special place in our hearts! :-) Haven't seen the thrid one but will have to add that to our list of movies to see!

♥Linds